From September 2018 to June 2019 (Excluding January), we will be running Soul Space. An island of quiet worship in a busy month, we will be open between 12.30pm until 8pm on the first Wednesday of the month. We will be open for quiet contemplation for the whole time, with short led reflections at 1pm and 7pm.
We are a sacred space in the heart of the city: a space to explore, to reflect, to pray; a space to fine peace, stillness, and reflection. In this 2018/2019 session, we will be looking at an overall theme of “Who is Jesus?” We will reflect on the various aspects of Jesus; as Teacher, Healer, Saviour, or Shepherd.
- 5th September 2018 – Teacher
- 3rd October 2018 – Provider
- 7th November 2018 – Healer
- 5th December 2018 – Gift
- 2nd January 2019 – No Soul Space
- 6th February 2019 – Lover/Friend
- 6th March 2019 – Human/Divine
- 03th April 2019 – Fool
- 17th April 2019 – Saviour (Soul Space for Holy Week)
- 1st May 2019 – Shepherd
- 5th June 2019 – Carpenter
Next Session: 1st May 2019
There are always a variety of spaces around the church, focussing on different aspects of that month’s theme. These might include an invitation to perform a simple action (e.g., lighting a candle, picking up or laying down a stone), suggest a way of praying, or offer a reflection. Everyone is welcome to visit all, some or none of these areas, and to spend as much, or as little, time at each one as they desire.
- This is not another formal time full of church-y words!
- This is a place of stillness, peace, and beauty, where you chose how to spend your time, and how much time.
- Join us whenever you can! Between 12:30pm-8pm – you are free to come and go whenever suits you.
- There will be usually quiet music playing.
- There will be various spaces available around the church that you may find helpful to focus your thoughts or prayers. You may chose to engage with these spaces or simply ignore them!
- There is no right or wrong way of spending your time!
- We create space – you choose how to use it!
- You might come along just because you’re curious and want to see what goes on.
- You might come along just because you’ve never been to anything like this before.
- You might come along just because it could be the only time during the week when you’ll sit down and do nothing!
- You might come along because you are in need of peace, stillness or refreshment.
- You might come along because you need space to reflect, think, or pray.
- You might come along because you are searching for God, or want to spend some quality time with him.
- If you come for no other reason – come to enjoy the beauty of this space.
- It doesn’t matter why you come – and we won’t ask you !
- – but why not come along just once, and see if this space speaks to your soul ?
- . . . . . you never know, you might find you want to come back again and again !