|Published on Mon, 29 Jul 2019 11:36|
Clearly, the first piece of news is the new website! There are still a few pages to be finished but we're more or less operational. The diary is complete for the rest of the year but please allow a little while longer for all events in 2020 and beyond to be moved over.
And welcome back to our choir, after their summer holiday! We're glad to have them back to enrich our worship and hope visitors to the area may wish to pop along to the 11am Sunday services to hear them.
We're also pleased to again be hosting an exhibit from CrossReach, celebrating 150 years of service. The exhibit will be in the Lammermuir Hall until Monday 26th August (inclusive) and we hope you'll come and take a look. Usual church opening hours in August are Tuesday-Friday 10-3.30 and Saturday 10-1 but, due to Fringe events, we may, at times, have to close our doors to visitors. If you're coming in especially to see the exhibit, it's advised that you first contact the office to make sure we're open.
The main piece of news for August must, of course, be the Fringe. St Cuthbert's will be hosting more than a dozen shows this year and we want to see every performance sold out! Below is a list of all shows and dates. Please purchase your tickets at the Fringe box office at tickets.edfringe.com or by calling 0131 226 0000.
- Lunchtime Organ Recitals – 5th 6th 7th 8th & 9th @ 12.30p.m.
St Cuthbert’s Director of Music curates a short run of free summer recitals.
- Loud & Proud on the Fringe – 10th @ 7.30p.m.
Scotland’s LGBT a cappella sensation raise funds for Waverley Care.
- Charlotte Edwards & Anne-Isabel Meyer – Violin & Cello Recital – 12th @ 12.30p.m.
Join this talented duo as they play a selection of much-loved pieces from the duo's repertoire.
- Anne-Isabel Meyer – Bach Cello Suites – 13th 14th & 15th @ 12.30p.m.
This acclaimed London-based cellist performs all Bach's glorious solo cello suites in three consecutive performances.
- Take Note Community Choir – Devon Knows How They Make It So Musical! – 12th @ 4.00p.m.
Join us for a magical, marvellous hour of songs from your favourite movie musicals.
- Opera Bohemia – The Merry Widow (Lehár) – 15th @ 7.30p.m.
Scotland’s professional touring company celebrates 10 years with the world’s best loved operetta.
- The Really Terrible Orchestra – 17th @ 4.00p.m.
New music, old favourites, all played with great élan, diligence and great effort.
- Alex Metcalfe -Mémoires d'un Amnésique: the Life & Music of Erik Satie – 22nd & 24th @ 2.30p.m.
Piano recital, one-man play and surrealist film amalgamated into a unique theatrical experience.
- Alastair Savage & Alice Allen: Scotland & Beyond – 23rd @ 6.00p.m.
Scotland's vintage melodies alongside folk inspired sounds from overseas.
- Boys in Sync – 22nd @ 7.00p.m. & 23rd @ 1.30p.m.
Three young men explore contemporary masculinity through dance and theatre.
- Chris Ray King – Cold Turkey Blues – 24th @ 9p.m.
A one-off, solo acoustic set. Storytelling, dark humour, romance and a surprisingly high body count.